Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First Blog

Hola!! Welcome to my first blog! From what I understand, the entire purpose of my blogging is to talk about various advances and components of technology and to examine their impact on society. Well, for the first blog I have a great article that pertains to new technology and its positive influence on society. I read a New York Times article that was composed of interviews of firefighters and other rescue personnel who respond to accidents. Recently, advanced high-strength steel has been incorporated into car manufacturing as opposed to a much weaker type of steel. The high-strength steel is mainly in door pillars and roof rails, making the car so strong that it is nearly impossible to cut through, even with high powered cutting tools such as the jaws of life. While this could slow down the rescue process of an injured victim in certain cases, I would be interested to find out how many lives it has and will continue to save in "rollover" type accidents. In my opinion, technology prevails in this case.



http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/15/science/15steelside.html

No comments:

Post a Comment