Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Depressing Truth

This post is not from an article, but from a video. The video I found has been circulating on the internet and has been a topic of discussion for people from many walks of life including my parents. My mother actually brought the video to my attention, and I found it on the internet. To give credit where it is due, a British High School is responsible for the video and they made it while trying to improve awareness concerning the dangers of texting while operating a motor vehicle. I plan on using this video as part of my presentation, and I also feel that it brings to life the severity and the dangerous implications that texting and driving bring about. While the video may be depressing, I believe it is useful in my presentation.
As a result, I feel it is as valuable as an article and in fact more thoroughly helps to show that an accident can happen at any time... to anyone. Like I've talked about before, in my opinion, the most significant reason for the continuation of texting and driving is the age old belief that "it will not happen to me". Well, enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. its amazing what can happen when you take your eyes off the road for a split second... many people don't realize the danger they are constantly in when they are driving a car not only from themselves but from other people who are not paying attention. one of the drawbacks of always being "connected" is that some people don't recognize the times that they should cut themselves off

    ReplyDelete